Here’s the links from our panel at NZGDC 2022! We’ll post the video here when it’s available.
- Tracery — A grammar based text generator.
- Blabbeur — A grammar based text generator inspired by Tracery but designed to be embedded into Unity.
- Inform — An interactive fiction programming language, great for making those “HEAD NORTH” style IF games.
- Ink User Guide — A literal book written by the Inkle team, good stuff.
- Yarn Spinner VS Code Extension — Provides full integration of Yarn language and your C# Unity project into VS Code.
- Fungus — A narrative all-in-one game tool for Unity. Maybe unmaintained?
- Unreal Conversation System
- Narrascope 2022 Conference — A narrative games focussed conference, talks covering the entire gamut of this topic.
- Hannah Nicklin’s Book — A book on all aspects of game writing by one of the best games writers in the business.
- Narrative Instruments — The paper which coined and defined the term narrative instruments.
We also delivered a panel at NZGDC 2021 called “What’s the story with narrative game development?”
Jon also gave a GDC talk on turning your writers into programmers by grey boxing narratives.
You can also find all of us on Twitter!
- Paris – @parisba
- Jon – @desplesda
- Tim – @the_mcjones
- Ryan – @ryanqnorth
- Chride – @classheikki
- Leena – @leenavand
- Scott – @bombsfall
And of course @YarnSpinnerTool!