Entity Component Systems (ECS) and You: They’re Not Just For Game Developers from the O’Reilly Software Architecture Conference 2019, in New York City. We’re scheduled to give an updated version of this talk at the Software Architecture Conference 2020, also in New York City.
Below are some of our favourite links relating to ECS. We hope you find them useful!
- Catherine West’s RustConf closing keynote on Rust for Game development
- Entity Systems are the future of MMOG development by Adam Martin
- ECS and DoD slides by Aras Pranckevičius (Unity)
- Data Oriented Design and C++ CPPCon talk by Mike Acton
- Machine Architecture: Things Your Programming Language Never Told You talk by Herb Sutter
- What Every Programmer Should Know About Memory paper by Urlich Drepper
- The amazing talk on Blizzard’s implementation of ECS in their popular game, Overwatch, from GDC 2017
- ECS Back and Forth Part 1, Part 2 (plus Part 2 insights), Part 3, Part 4 (plus Part 4 insights), Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, and the slides from an ECS talk at the Italian C++ conference 2019